1997 C200 ELEGANCE CENTRAL LOCKING/ALARM PROBLEM

When I press the button on the keyfob the car will lock but the alarm will not engage as the Red & Green light on thr rear view mirror flash simeltaneously. The only way to stop them flashing is to turn on the
engine, then turn it off again immediately. Can anyone help ?
GLUG998 wrote:

Replace the battery in the key fob.
Thanks. I have already tried replacing the batteries a couple of times
"Kenneth P. Stox" wrote