1997 E320 Fan Speed

The interior fan for heat and ac does no go to high or maximum. It does blow but only on low. I read that the resistors control the fan speed so there may be a bad resistor.
1) Does anyone know if this is likely to be my problem? 2) Does anyone know where the resistors are located? My 1992 300E had them located behind the master cylinder, but they don't seem to be there on this car.
Thanks for any help, Ken
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:53:27 GMT, "Kennith.Hensley"

Here's the reply I posted last time you asked this question, maybe this time you will check back and read the responses to your own thread.... From what you describe it definitely sounds like the resistor pack.
The resistor pack is bolted to the bottom of the blower motor and is shaped a bit like a map of Australia. Drop the passenger side under dash trim and remove the blower motor cover, the resistor pack will be staring you in the face.
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk