1997 S500 speed and lateral aceleration sensor

My 1997 MB S500 has been in the shop for two weeks. A new transmission in July 2006 locked into "limp home mode", second gear only. I am being told that the steering angle sensor wont initailze and
speed and lateral acceleration sensor is showing a short circuit. These sensors apparently wont allow the transmission to function. Can anyone please give me some advice on this problem. Initial cost estimates for these two sensors are crazy, over $1,000 for the parts. Thanks
Has anyone simply tried to initialize everything by disconnecting the battery for ten minutes or so?
Not that I know of but I will give it a try. Thanks
"Take A Guess" wrote: > Has anyone simply tried to initialize everything by > disconnecting the > battery for ten minutes or so?