1998 C230 Rear End

I may decide to start looking for a good used rear end as the pinion noise is starting to bother me even when I turn up the radio. Any ideas how I could find one? I could look at the wrecking yards in the area I suppose. I may try Swepco Moly Lube as a last resort before I start any work on the car. It appears that changing out the rear end may not be too tough a job. Your thoughts are appreciated. I can't afford the big bucks at the dealers shop. Thanks

Larry

Reply to
Larry

You may find that the shimming the pinion gear is all that is needed... Try to find a good independent mechanic....

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

pinion

needed...

Reply to
Larry

I don't really know, but I have read about this fixing someone else's issue on this forum...

Good luck, and let us know what you discover...

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

else's