1998 - E300TD Cold Start Problem

I have a 1998 E300TD and have ben very happy with it .. very happy. It worked fine until last week. Twice last week it failed to start on a cold morning .. the plugs are good. When the weather is a little
warmer or tehcar i shot then there are no problems it starts first time everytime. Can anyone shed any light .. thx

Did you verify that voltage is getting to the glow plugs?
Are you positive your glow plugs are good? What are the resistance readings of each one?
If glow plugs are good, then I would say you need to change your glow plug relay.
Does the glow plug light lite up?