1998 E320 transmission wagon - 4matic

My e320 wagon clunks when accelerating at about 10mph. A prior 1995 did the same thing and was remedied with a new transmission belt. Does that sound like the right fix for this thing?

Reply to
KenP

What is the mileage of this car? Have you done the regular services on this car..

Reply to
dbmethods

I suggest you do a transmission flush first... this usually solve the problem of clunking... if you are not too late. You drain the tranny 3 times... and drive a bit in between... and at the third drain, change the filter.

If you don't want to do this yourself, then go to the lube shop who can do the power flush on your tranny.

The main culprit is dirty automatic tranny fluid.and clogging filter.

Reply to
Tiger
86,000 miles. It has had regular service, but I think I will try flushing the fluid as mentioned. Any other ideas?
Reply to
KenP

Thank you, I will give it a try...

Reply to