1998 SLK 230K

After a 'jump' start (which blew several other fuses) my coolant level indicator lamp is permanently 'on'. I have replaced the sensor unit and cleaned the contacts and checked all the fuses. The old sensor unit shows
no sign of damage. Any suggestions? I am reduced to putting a piece of black tape over the light to stop it annoying me! Frank
I think this warning light is also used to warn you of faults with the electric radiator fan (if fitted). Maybe your problem is with the fan control unit (or wiring).

It is also in series with the washer level sensor. Check that also.

When all else fails read the instructions! The Driver's handbook does in fact say that the light indicates a radiator fan problem in vehicles fitted with aircon All I have todo now is find the fan and what the problem is. Thanks for your assistance Frank H

shows
black