1999 c200 classic air con

I've just bought a UK 1999 c200 classic. I'm told it has air conditioning on it but I don't know how to work it! All I can see on the dash is a button marked "EC" that lights up red when its pushed. Doing so, I can hear the engine momentarily change speed and the rev counter rises for a fraction of a second. There are the usual fan settings and direction of airflow knobs. There are 2 rotating temperature settings. Why 2? As you can see, I don't really know anything about cars. Where can I get a relevant owners manual or equivalent? Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
alun

Try to get a copy of owners manual on ebay or direct from MB. "EC" is economy without air conditioner... so when EC has no red light, it is in automatic air conditioner/heater mode.

The two temperature dial is for driver and passenger side climate control... so if you turn it colder on your side, AC should come on... now being winter, you might feel it, but not likely unless it is really warm outside.

Reply to
Tiger

Red light ON = A/C OFF Red light OFF = A/C ON

EC stands for Economy mode

Reply to
Stratman