1999 C200 Steering Shocker

At the last service - 55,000 km - they have reported the steering shocker is US. Can anyone give me an idea where this item is located and what is its function.
Joe
At the last service - 55,000 km - they have reported the steering shocker is US. Can anyone give me an idea where this item is located and what is its function.
Joe
Its function is to damp out the small oscillations of the steering caused by road surface irregularities. This results in a more comfortable drive, and fewer minor steering corrections by the driver.
One end of it is attatched to the steering drag link (the bar that tramsmits steering movement to the wheels), the other end is fixed to the front crossmember. It looks likes a small shock absorber. Easy DIY or cheap garage job.
DD