1999 e300 CD Changer Question

Folks,

One more Q ...

Car was manufactured in 7/99. Does any one know if the car is pre wired for a optical out CD changer and if yes, would it take a changer from any other 1999 Mercedes. Let's say 1999 C 280?

Thanks,

-NK

Reply to
Nick Khimani

"Nick Khimani" wrote >

Folks,

Nick - I don't know for sure, but when I installed a changer in my '98 E320, I used a changer from a '98 SLK (had to use a different mounting bracket) - at that time, I was told that most changers would fit except for those from the M-class. In my case, I believe that the changer was an Alpine and aftermarket units would also fit.

You will almost certainly be pre-wired for a CD changer - In may case it was hidden behind the trunk lining in the trunk, but behind the back seat - all I had to do was plug it in.

The 99s may be different from the '98's, but I would think any MB changer of the same model year would work (except perhaps for those from an M class.) Any MB dealer should be able to confirm this.

Reply to
nopro