1999 E320 Cassette Deck

I just bought a 1999 E320 used and it says that it has a cassette deck but I can't seem to find it. I've looked at various ads on the web and they all say the 1999 E320 sports a cassette deck. But in the pictures I don't see it anywhere. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I could use a little help here.

Reply to
good guy

It's behind the display for the radio. Press the "Tape" button on the radio and the display should read "No Tape" - beneath this it should say "EJ" for eject. Press the button below EJ and the LCD display should flip open.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

Thank you sir. Now I don't feel so stupid.

Reply to
good guy

Don't feel stupid. My wife couldn't find it either. But then again she thought that the "WB" on the radio stood for "Warner Brothers" rather than Weather Band....

:-)

Reply to
Josh

Feel stupid! It's a stupid design.

Once upon a time, ergonomics (finding things where they should be) was important to M-B. Now, reading the Owner's Manual is just a bizarre experience!... (P.S. - wait until your LCD fades and M-B can't fix it!)

I have 2 W10's (your car). One of them I went through the 'find the hidden cassette player' game. Eventually I found it - in the owner's manual!

In the second, I looked for hours. Finally the solution was to locate a tiny plug in the back of the glove compartment box, go somewhere else and buy a portable cassette player, plug its earphone in here, and set the COMAND NAV to AUX. COMAND NAV2 M-B's don't have cassette players!

And, remember also: "BUY A MERCEDES - GET A CHRYSLER!"

Jan

Reply to
JMW

This thread explains to me why when I discuss technical problems with my car (specific electrical gremlins or strange behavior in the command system, etc) the MB techs tell me that most people don't have problems like this.

It seems that many of the demographic buyers are not very technical and don't understand or use most of the features. i know several owners who cannot use or understand the navigation system...I could not get by without it... if you know how it works, it really helps you out of a bind every now and then.

I keep telling them that the reason that other E320 owners don't complain is becuase the other owners are too clueless to know when something was malfunctioning. They tend to agree.

The first thing I did when I got the car was read the manual for two hours.

They are very technical and if you read the book, you will get a lot more out of the car!

Reply to
richard

Hardly, Chryslers have regular radios, so us dumb americans can figure them out.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

I stand corrected.

Jan

Reply to
JMW

The worst part is the cruise control unit. It is situated so close to the turn control unit that I have accidentally engaged more than once. As if that was not bad enough, no cruise control indicator light comes on as in the Lexus. Had I not been careful, I would have rear ended the car in front of me.

Now that is poor ergonomic design.

============ BuckShot LeFunk ==

1998 LS 400 1999 E320 4-Matic
Reply to