1999 E320 Mercedes AC problem

The temperature here is running about 100 degrees and my AC doesn't like it. When the car is first started, the AC works great. After a few minutes the compressor shuts off. If I stop the car, turn off the
ignition and then restart it. the AC will work for a while, then the compressor shuts down again. From a prior discussion here, it appears the problem might be a temp sensor. My initial question is; where is this sensor located?
Please help.

evap temp sensor is under dash...but i'm not convinced that's at fault (yet) based on your few details.
go to this link and read magazine article on A/C http://continentalimports.com/ser_index.html
go here and read diagnostics http://www.eclassbenz.com/node/27
then go here and perform diagnostics http://www.eclassbenz.com/acdiag