1999 ML320 Electronic System Help

We recently had the fuel pump, etc. replaced. We can start the vehicle occasionally, but when the gas is applied, the engine stalls. Other times, the rpms fly through the roof. Im told that it takes about 80
times of going through all of the gears before the electronic system will reset itself. Kind of hard to get it to reset itself when I cant even drive it down the road. Any suggestions? Codes? Anything to get it back on track...
Who replaced your fuel pump? Dealer? If so, tell them to come and take the car and fix it.
I'd suspect the fuel pump relay first if not replaced... if old fuel pump burn out (which is extremely rare in MB) then it will burn out the fuel pump relay.
No, the dealer did not change the fuel pump, it was a man that works only on MBs though. I will ask him about the relay. Thanks for the info
"Tiger" wrote