1999 S600

What would the expected annual maintenance of a Mercedes 1999 S600 with 49,000 miles be.
Is this car a money pit Did they have most of the problems worked out by 1999
I realize it is a very complicated car - so is it worth the trouble Or is it a car to steer clear of?
Al
The more specialized the model the more it will cost to maintain. Virtually all the 600 engine parts are dealer sole source as is much of the technical knowledge of that model. Little competition = high cost.
If you really want one of these old tanks what's wrong with a S500??
permission.
AL wrote:

Money pit? No, more like the Grand Canyon of wasted money.
AL wrote:

There's a reason they're on the market for as cheap as they are. I will leave it as an exercise for the reader to find out why.