1999 SLK230 vs 2000 SLK230

I am about to get an SLK230 and have found a good nice 1999 model. My only concern is that a mechanic told me that the series changed in 2000 and the 2000 series SLK230's were much better mechanically and
better to drive. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Is it worth my while to let the 1999 model go and try to find one of the 2000 series? I would love some advise here. Thanks Ian

I don't know what the changes were from 1999 to 2000 aside from cosmetics (through 1999 the car had black rubber door handles, and starting in 2000 they were matched to body color), but I have a 1999 that has been virtually trouble-free since the day I bought it (six years ago this month).
May your luck with the car be as good as mine has been, whichever model you decide on.
On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 09:00:08 GMT, Ian Brown

    Nope, the changes from '99 to 2000 were cosmetic. He might be thinking of '98 to '99 changes, which saw the addition of sport package, 5-speed trans., new stereo. Or maybe 2001, which saw the addition of the 320 engine, which makes the car a Boxster competitor.     Emanuel
--
1983 Porsche 911 Guards Red/Black
1983 Porsche 944 Guards Red/Black

    The TouchShift automatic was added for the 2001 model year, according to the web page I posted.     Emanuel