1999 W210 (300TD) Transmission 'thud'

Folks,
Recently on a rare ocassion I notice/feel a mild 'thud' (jerk) when slowing-down to almost a stop. I have noticed that this happens particularly when I take the foot off the accelerator and let the
engine come to a stop rather than use the break itself. If I use the breaks to come to complete stop than I do not have an issue. The thud/jerk seems to happen when transmisison is shifting from 2nd to 1st(?)
Q1. Has anyone else noticed this problem on their W210? I believe that transmission is same even on SI engines.
Q2. How often does the transmisison fluid needs to be changed on W210? Factory spec says that it should last for ever, but I have come across few threads that reccommend changing it every 50k. Any suggestions?
As always, TIA and with kind regards,
-NK
First of all i need to know what FAULTS is coming out of the EGS control module...
thanks
CSC

None. Had it checked at the MB dealer and there aren't any fault. The dealer says, this kind of ocassional 'jerkey' motion is common and it might be attributed to the driving habits and over jealous adaptive transmission. I am not fully convinced and am going to get a full tran service later on. Again, the problem happens ocasionally during heavy stop-n-go traffic.
CSC wrote:

control
the
that
W210?
across
I would change the tranny fluid... alot of time the jerkiness of the tranny is attributed to old tranny fluid... flush three time and it will be silky smooth again... unless they can power flush it for you.
Drive line is okay and so are the motor mounts and tran mounts. The darn thing is not 'reproducable' and happens only in a lengthy stop-n-go traffic and only on a rare ocassion. It seems that changing tran fluid is the way to go. Car does have 57k miles. Will keep you guys posted ... and thanks for the responses.
This is just an update ... Looks like all is well after the transmisison service ...
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

That's great to hear. Congrats.
I would change the fluid regardless of what MB said... filter has to be changed regularly. I serviced my BMW "Lifetime Fill" tranny... I was disgusted what I found in there... Lifetime is their assumption of 100,000 miles life.
On 2004-11-23 05:54:10 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Nick Khimani) said:

Check the CV joints and/or U-joints and verify the driveline isn't sloppy. Those rubber dohickeys in the driveline could be toasted which might also express itself that way.
I am going to go out on a limb and guess it's not the transmission. Marty
motor mounts and trans mount ?
the case, minus a few cans!