2 miles of wire and no alchol? Sum S Klass!

Ole Jeremy below said the new S Klasses have many miles (more or less) of wire in them to run all the miracle tech thingies. That is wonderfullll !!!! It will sure mean lots of work for gud ole Hanz und
Franz down at the MB store!!!! But not to worry - it won't get that bad cause you won't be able to drive them all that far. Feds are taking all the MTBD or something like that out of the gas. It has made cars run smoothly. They will replace it with alchol. But the salesman said the S Klass engine can't burn ethanol in its little 5.5L engine. IS THAT TRUE???? DO YOU REALLY MEAN THE NEW S KLASS CAN'T BURN ETHANOL GAS MIXTURES???????? Great !!!!! If it isn't broken so it won't run, it will be out of gas and can't run. Gotta admire the carefull planning and thought that went into this one.
mcbrue ethanollessly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
I thought I heard, but not certain, that a small percentage of ethanol is being mandated in gasoline.
The impression I got from the article is that repairs on the new cars are much better - especially if you can take it to the UK for service.
I would give mercedes a few months to sort it out.
.
I thought I heard that normal UK petrol may contain up to 5% alcohol, but that's nothing like "running on alcohol" of course.
DAS
"greek_philosophizer" <greek snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
On 2006-04-07 09:43:11 -0700, "greek_philosophizer"

Ethanol has been mandated in CA and WA for winter use for many years. I am sure that the "It can't use gas with Methanol" is a red herring...
I wouldn't worry about it.
Marty
I wonder if the sales person was referring to E85 rather than E10? E10 (10% ethanol) has been around since the late 70s and has been (as far as I know) safe to use in all vehicles. E85 (85% ethanol) is too caustic for fuel systems that are not FFV's (Flex Fuel Vehicles).
Josh
I reaslly don't know how much alchol they plan to put in the gas or how much is in there now. All I know is that MB does not claim to be able to use a gas containing alchol from what that salesman said. So now when I go shopping for cars I am going to look at that question very carefully. I did not know you even could buy gas with any alchol in it before the last couple of years. So the E10 is news to me. Thanks.
mcbrue thinkingaboutdrinkingE85ly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420