Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

300D Transmission Issues
Pursuant to a number of earlier posts, I have managed to free the kick- down button switch on the firewall of my 300D and believe that it can now be removed without breakage. I have not yet done so....
9
9

79 W123 300D Transmission
I can find no vacuum modulator adjustment on my 300D transmission, and am beginning to think that this must have a mechanical adjustment somewhere. I am trying to adjust so that my transmission will...
2
2

Anybody here has a W124 or at least a manual for one?
Muggings left the manual at home :( I lifted the windscreen wiper up to put something underneath it (prevent it from freezing to the windscreen) and it appears I lifted it too high up and it's...

S320 Windows problem
Hi. The windows have suddenly stopped working on my S320. first registered on the 03 11 1995. vin no, wdb 1400322a289959 They were all working fine now none of the switches work and no sound can be...
3
3

89 190E 2.6 No warm start
I just got the car running again I had to replace the OVP and replace a wire to the ovp from the ign sw now it start great cold but after it warm up it will not start at all. it turn over good but as...
2
2

300E Water Pump and other things
I've got 220,000 on my '88 300E and this will be the 3rd water pump i will be replacing. While in there, I've been thinking about the timing chain and if it should be replaced. I would consider...
1
1

Global Warming and what you can do to against it
Dear All, As you know global warming is endangering the future of life on the planet. It will also affect us; rising sea levels, dwindling water supplies, mass deaths due to heat waves, stoppage of...

300D Transmission Slipping (3)
I realized previously that I did not actually explain how to unplug the kick down solenoid. It is behind the pedal and just under the carpet. The switch for the kick down is the large black button. I...
5
5

Sensor question DTC
I have a 1995 C220 Merc Benz. 136k miles. The check engine light came on and the DTC code is PO141. On the internet PO141 indicates O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction ( Bank 1 Sensor 2) I am not...
1
1

300D Transmission Slipping (2)
In addition to the aforementioned slipping malady, I also wanted to mention to the group and solicit comments on what seems to me to be an odd phenomenon of the transmission possibly not shifting into...
6
6

Whew!
Sixteen degrees F. 1981 300SD "Der Klunker." Notice ready to stick on windshield in No Parking spot "Diesel. Won't start. Too cold." It started right up. Whew!
3
3

300D Transmission Slipping
No... simply changing the fluid and filter might help. When I got my car, it was slipping on takeoff... occasional. After fluid change and filter, it hasn't slipped since then. The tranny has 209,000...
7
7

Vibration at Idle 300D
Yes, the injectors are balanced at the shop that rebuilds them. They make sure every injector outputs at the same pressure rather than just the same size shims to set the pressure. The pressure varies...
5
5

raditor replacement cost
what is a fair price for replacing a radiator on a 98e320, [103K]...also replacingf the lower ball joints, thanks for info
3
3

suggestions for upgrading headlights on 1993 S500
hello, I drove a friend's 1993 S500 at night and noticed the headlights are just aweful! It's like having 2 candles up there!! I can see the headlights are very scratched. I've seen where you can...
1
1