2000 MERCEDES S-500 ADVISE

HELLO, I have the opportunity to buy a 2000 MB S-500 with 40,000 K. Any advise on this car? I hope it is not flooded with problems and I should stay away from it.
Electrical or transmission problems???
Hope to get your advise guys, thanks.
LAP ( Greetings from boring Cincinnati)
Nice driver. Complicated car. First year of 220 model's production, greater than average quality issues, including the air suspension struts.
Lower than average use.
You don't say whether YOU like its color and options.
The price ought to more than cover some expected and expensive dealer repairs since there's no warranty .
There's no shortage of S Class cars so check www.autotrader.com to see if THIS car is the best to be had for the money.
Don't buy one without KNOWING its repair and maintenance history. That data is on line for M-B dealers.