2000 S500 lower ball joint

How long should take a professional with the right tools and expertise to replace a lower ball joint to an S500 year 2000? I know that the part is not expensive but I have been getting quotes all over the map depending on labor cost.

I have been told after doing the regular service to my vehicle that the ball joint needs replacing. The car has 65K miles in it, the drive is smooth and I hear no noise whatsoever.

Reply to
benzonomix

Get a second opinion before replacing this ball joint. All these joints are greased for a much longer life than 65K miles. The reason to replace it is if its rubber boot was cut open allowing dirt and water to enter the joint.

I suspect the reason the estimates vary so is because these shops haven't yet replaced one of these ball joints so the shops don't know what to expect and quote high to protect themselves.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach