2001 51Reg C220 CDI Loss of Power, Turbo or Intercooler ?

Hi, Hope someone can help. I have an estate new shape C220 CDI (51reg). About

5 weeks ago had a woosh type noise which I was told that the up pipe from the intercooler neede replacing and this was done. Car was perfect. Late last week, I was belting down the motor way when i had a small bang loss and lost power. The AA guy told be that the downpipe to the intercooler had come of which he connected. For 2 days car was OK. Lost power again and my mechnic tells me it possibly needs a new intercooler. I today took car for a drive and initally was misfiring. Had lot of smoke which once cleared regained power however no turbo power. Any one any thoughts? My view is that if the AA guy put the downpipe back that this is what needs replacing however do not understand misfiring, etc
Reply to
Parv

It will misfire if the air flow is interrupted or constrained. Stop the half measures and have this plumbing fixed - properly.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Thanks for promptness. So are you saying get a new down pipe done first as u=it may not even be in the intercooler? How do you explani the puff of smoke?

Reply to
Parv

Thanks for prompt reply. Are you saying get the down-pipe sorted out which i will? How do you explain the puff of smoke? Something wrong with the turbo?

Reply to
Parv