2001 C240 power seat draining battery

My battery is being drained when the car is not driven for a day or 2. I am told by the MB mechanic that is it due to the power seat drawing power while the car is off. Has anyone else had this problem and what
can be done. They suggest replacing the power seat moters which is quite costly.
βœ–

Common fault. Try disconnecting the supply under the seats.
Lots about it on these forums:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums /
David
Add pictures here
βœ–
How old is your battery? It is probably time to change it anyway.
Add pictures here
βœ–
That was the first thing the roadside mechanic suggested. The battery was original so I decided to go for a new one. It was installed December 23rd, 2006. I just got the car back from the service department yesterday, I would not pay $950.00 USD to fix both power seat moters. I just disconnected them so they don’t drain the battery
"dkfashionisto" wrote
> My battery is being drained when the car is not driven for a > day or 2. I am told by the MB mechanic that is it due to the > power seat drawing power while the car is off, according them > the mechanic it is a known problem with this class. But not a > recall issue. Has anyone else had this problem and what can be > done. They suggest replacing the power seat moters which is > quite costly.
Add pictures here
βœ–