2001 E320 4matic

I am considering purchasing a 2001 with 21,000 miles on it from a dealer. I've looked at the repair history and only thing on it is normal maintainence. 21,000 doesn't begin to tell me if a car is reliability so I
thought I'd ask this group if the E class has been known for reliability and durability. BTW the cost of the car would be $32K with an additional 2 year warranty purchased on top of the starmark and remaining original warranty.
Thanks, Duffy
I have a 1999 with 76,223 miles. Yesterday, my wife drove it from Long Island, NY to Chesapeake, Virginia. I spoke with her this morning, and she said that all was fine. The car ran flawlessly.
Why would you wish to purchase an additional two years on top of the Starmark warranty? That is not the best way to spend your money.