2001 Mercedes CLK 320

Can someone tell me how to turn the check engine light off on this without taking it to a Mechanic. I know how to do it on a Nissan but cant find the information for the trick to do it on this car.

cchienyuen wrote:

Disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Make sure you have the code for you radio, before doing so. It might be worthwhile to find out what the cause was before clearing it, though.
DICOONECTING THE BATTERY DOESNT ALWAYS MEAN YOU WILL GET THE LIGHT TO TURN OFF NOW.GO TO AN AUTOZONE AND ASK TO GET THE CODE THAT CAUSED THE LIGHT TO COME ON THEN GO FROM THEIR.E-MAIL ME IF YOU NEED SOME HELP.
Why are you shouting without punctuation? Stream-of-consciousness a la J D Salinger?
DAS
MBTECH wrote:

Two questions:
1) Can you read? If you could, you would have noticed that I did suggest finding out what the code was, prior to resetting it. Benz's like to throw codes, in many cases their coding is just a little too picky. Resetting, and then seeing if the code is thrown again is not the worst strategy. Continuously resetting the code, and not diagnosing, is a bad idea.
2) Can you afford a keyboard that does not have a broken shift function?