2002 C230 Coupe Kompressor Front right turn signal

I changed my turn signal bulb, when the indicator light came on, but that did not fix the outage. What else could be the reason? Is it the compartment that it fits into?

The bulb-out monitoring module basically compares the current used by the wires. So if the bulbs in the matched locations are different (US vs Europe), the monitor may still think one is burned out.
I have seen a VW Beetle with both stop lamps out but the monitor did not signal. Why? Both sides 'draw' the same current: zero! However, other makers may have smarter design, like comparing with predefined value.
Another possibility is there is still a burned out bulb that you have not found. For example, license is the one most people forget.