2002 C230 iPod question

Howdy!
Is there a way, that anyone has found to directly connect an iPod to the stock radio?
Cassette adapters will not work since there is a flip down door for
cassettes. Leave it open and there's a nice beep every few seconds.
I have an iTrip, which works, sort of. Travel any moderate distance though and the signal worsens.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

U can use a small plastic pin to put in the hole for the "closed flip down door" switch. Not a good solution but it works.....
Thanks for the reply! I'll try that.
Digging through other posts, I found this link: http://icelink.densionusa.com /
The item I would need is: http://densionusa.com/merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DU&Product_Code=F_MB_D2B&Category_Code=IA_Mercedes
Which is "In Development consideration". . . I guess I'll go with the cassette adapter until something else a tad cleaner is made.
Cheers, bE

On 2004-11-05 11:09:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (bE) said:

http://densionusa.com/merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DU&Product_Code=F_MB_D2B&Category_Code=IA_Mercedes
Which

The Icelink is slick and super pro looking as long as you can afford it. Call them, I bet they have waht you need.
marty