2002 C230K Service

To all, I have a 2002 C230K that is in for inspection. This car has 25000 miles and has been driven by a family member (over 65.)
The dealer came back with what seems to be an absurd price for service and
getting the car inspected.
They are going to fix the passenger window (the motor burned out on the power window) for $300. New brakes (Pads & rotors - (rotors??? At 25k miles) for $700. Plus a broken light on the mirror and the inspection. These are items I have to have done to get the car "road worthy" (this list comes to just over $1200 US)
The other list of so called "B" service items are Spark plugs, Air filter, Fuel Filter, Coolant change, brake fluid and transmission service. If I get all the items done that they recommend, the total is over $3,100 US.
I suspect I am being gouged by this Manhattan dealership. My questions are 1 - does this seem reasonable? 2 - do all mercedes need new brake rotors at 25000 miles (Pads I understand, but rotors?) 3 - is it common for a windor motor to fail at just under 5yrs old?
Having only owned Mazdas for the past 15 years, I am shocked at the items they request. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, S
folow this link to edmunds.com, fill in the menu blanks and get specific service recommendations for your model, and an estimated price. This is what an independent emchanic should charge. You could take it to your mb dealer and see if he blinks (probably not). Otherwise, find a mechanic you trust to work on mb and let him do the work. if you are still under warranty,it makes no difference. indy service does not void a warranty. here's the link:
http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/vehicle.do
giood luck
sherm

Power window... let them fix it... say no to brake... yeah like me... are you kidding me on the rotor? No way. I don't know what you mean broken light on mirrror... is that the turn signal on the side mirror? and they want $200 to change that? It should be just a freaking bulb. Check your owner's manual on how to change that bulb.

That's a complete gouging... no way.

If you want, call up Alex at service dept at Morristown Mercedes... that is only if you wish to bring your car to Morristown.

No, the clear cover on the edge of the mirror was broken while it was parked on the street. (they also replaced a couple of bulbs.)

I thought so . I am having the minimal done (only to get plates and inspection) and will avoid the Manhattan Mecedes dealer like they have the plague.

I may call them for the next service. The manhattan dealer ship is not getting any more business from me.