2002 c240 not starting

Hello,
Need your guys help once more.
Tonight, I started the car and drove it for less than 5 minutes and shut off the engine. Put some stuff in the car (it took 5-10 minutes)
and tried to start it. It did not start. The display comes on, there are no malfunction on the display and it tries to start for few seconds but it cannot. After few tries I smelled gas so decided to wait for few hours.
After about 4 hours, same problem. It try to start but it cannot. No malfunction on display, all display lights come on.
I found many posts on similar issue but no one has replied what caused the issue.
The car this time is in the under ground parking of a condo building and no tow truck can reach it because of narrow access.
- The gas tank is full (may be bad gas?) - Car has 100K KM (63K Miles) - Throughout maintained by MB dealership - Plugs were changed 2 years.
Please suggest what should I do.
Thank you.
yahmed ha scritto:

It looks like you live in EU (European Union), writing about km. Maybe not, but if I'm right, you might be in maintenance warranty. Which means: if you are a consumer you have 2 years warranty on all service activities and spares since the exact day of invoice involved. So, it might be convenient to call your MB dealership and let them do the job...
But if I'm wrong... well, difficult from this part of the monitor to have a rough idea on what's happened. I'd start with almost classic diagnostic approach, trying to see if you have a correct spark on plugs (taking one away and trying to switch engine on). Than trying fuel lines... etc. But of course it mainly depends on your confidence with such procedures.

Thank you Roland and Cordy,
I am in Toronto, Canada. Its a long weekend here and MB service is closed until Tuesday. MB receptionist told me to call MB Road side assistance but I am not sure how much will that cost me as I am not under warranty. I have never done any mechanical work on cars and don't even have tools to do anything.
I think I am stuck until Tuesday and not sure how MB dealer will treat it and how much will it cost me.
Any chances of some kind of security problem that computer does not let the car to start?
Have you got MobiloLife in Canada? This is a type of 30-year mechanical cover on cars produced since about 2000, whereby you don't pay for a tow for manufacturing faults. You don't need a big lorry to be towed away, though it depends on what vehicles are used in the Toronto area.
DAS
PS. Europeans often don't realise that a (smallish) part of North America uses kilometres...
"yassir" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@c29g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...

cheers from Canada
:-))))
I was considering what to write. I had decided to write 'smallish' instead of 'small'....
Not unjustified, considering the population...
But I will add this, Gnter, it might be smallish, but it's GREAT....
Best DAS
"Guenter Scholz" < snipped-for-privacy@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca> wrote in message
news:h52l1l$448$ snipped-for-privacy@rumours.uwaterloo.ca...
3,854,085 sq mi Canada 3,794,066 sq mi United States
Irrelevant. You did not read what I said.
Pop USA, c. 300m, pop Canada c. 30m.
Approx 10:1
QED.
DAS
"Kenneth P. Stox" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:h54eli$4jo$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org...
Dori A Schmetterling ha scritto:

Touch! Cordy... :-)
Have you tried starting your car in Neutral?
The other choice is to try to remote start your car via a mechanical remote starter.
MB Roadside assistance won't charge you to visit you. It is free service. Now if they repaired your car, it will cost 1.5 times the service charge at the dealer. Or if they towed your car to dealer, it is service charge. However, before it will cost you money, they will inform you and you can always decline them.
Just to clarify, MobiloLife is a Mercedes service.
I am a member of the RAC, one of Britain's two major motoring organisations (cf AAA in USA) with own liveried vehicles and technicians/engineers.
A tow from them would be free to me, too.
Example: I once had a sump leak. I first called Merc. They were happy to come and tow, but said they would charge if the damage turned out to be my fault, which it technically was. I went over a speed bump too quickly...
So I called the RAC.
DAS
"Tiger" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4a75a367$0$10327$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net...

Towed the car to MB. It was ECM module or something like that. It will cost me $910 + tax. Not buying MB again... or selling immediately after warranty expire...
yassir ha scritto:

??? If you have warranty, why should you pay 910 + tax bucks?

What I meant was that if I ever buy MB again, I will make sure to sell it once its warranty expire. Unfortunately on this car warranty has already expired.