2002 c240 w/s switch

Hi there,
One more question, I hope I am not repeating it.
When I drive in "W" mode (W displayed on dashboard computer), it seems that gears change at higher rpm than "S" mode. In "S" mode, the gears
change frequently at lower RPM. Should it not be the opposite?
Thanks
W is Winter mode which starts off second gear.
S is Standard and transmission starts off first gear.
You probably noticed that gear shift at higher point in W mode is most likely because you step on accelerator harder for quicker response.
Whereas in S mode, you wouldn't dare to step as hard or it will snap your neck... lol.