2002 C320 Electrical

Hi All,

Hoping this group can help me out before having to go to dealership. Have read thread about '01 C240 & hope seat motors are not at fault here.(thanks for the link BTW)

Timeline:

March 2nd: "User Elec. Product" comes up on LCD display with battery icon. Go to local service station; guy tests battery & cold crank amps are low. Replace OEM Battery.

Meantime. Toggle switch to "moonroof" doesn't work. "stuck" open unless I want to manually crank it closed.

March 8: Same display on LCD screen. "User Elec. Product" and a battery icon on LCD.

Guy at service station claims he *did* check alternator. Didn't see him tho... Didn't even move car to service bay. Fellow might not be sharpest knife in the drawer. He was using a pry bar to try to get the battery loose when I went over and told him there's probably a tie-down for it down there.

Prefer *not* to go back to that filling station, but if it's their fault-- they need to fix it. Either that or cut my losses & go to dealership.

Even so, how would changing battery explain moon roof switch? Spate of bad luck?

Any ideas suggestions greatly appreciated.

thx

--Bruce

San Antonio, TX

Reply to