2002 C320 Heater flap

Hello, I have no heat on the driverís side floor. Since the problem started, on start up, there is a loud "click" that occurs between 3 - 8 times inside of the dash between the steering column and the
console. I am told by the dealer that the problem is with the heater flap. It apparently shows up as a fault also in the diagnostics. I suspect it is jammed closed or the activating linkage is broken or worn. I want to repair myself. Is it very difficult to remove the lower dash covers to gain access to this door? Are special tools required. Could someone tell me where to find info on removal of these panels? Car is out of Bumper to bumper warranty since last july. thank you in advance for any help.
‚úĖ

Good luck. I cannot offer you any technical assistance but I had a similar problem with my 2002 C320Wagon last year. Fortunately, it was still under warranty (by a week!) at the time as it took MB-Manhattan 2 days to do the job, generating a few pages of bills/documents. Most of the dash and other panels had to be removed.
So, I suspect that it is far from a trivial job and you should consult several of the MB web-forums for as much technical assistance as possible.
Kal
Add pictures here
‚úĖ