2002 CLK430 AMG 208 body --- Question about radio

In April of this year my radio dropped the codes. With advice I recceived in this NG I was able to correct that problem.
Now I've got a new one. Instead of flashing "codes" at me, it flashes
"muted" and the radio goes off. It'll come on again later without me doing anything, then it'll go off again and give me the muted sign. I've done nothing to mute the radio. I wouldn't know how to mute it if I tried (other than turnining it off).
A couple of weeks after this problem began I noticed the red light by the rear view mirror (the M-B equivalent of GM's Onstar) was flashing. Since then I glance up to check everytime the radio goes off and sure enough, each time the light is blinking. And sometimes I briefly hear a phone sound like a dial tone. I carry a cell phone like almost everybody else but I have no built-in system that allows me to have a hands-free operation. I could understand the need to mute the radio under those circumstances but that does not apply. (The M-B Onstar hardware exists but I do not subscribe to the service)
Conicidentally --- this stuff began about the same time my decklid started popping open.
--
Pat Durkin

This began recently and seems somehow related to a possible electrical glitch. The upper and lower latches appear to be firmly attached with no looseness. Could this be related to the remote trunk release switch on the console? I know of no drinks or other liquids that might have spilled on it accidentally.
--
Pat Durkin

Since you are not subscribing to the TeleAid, you should ask the dealer to turn off that unit for you so it doesn't interfere with your radio and trunk. Teleaid also unlocks your door too.

I hadn't thought of that but it's logical. So it looks like all three squawks must be due to the malfunctioning TeleAid?
--
Pat Durkin