2002 E-320 hood latches

On the 2002 E-320 there are 2 latches on either side in addition to the one in the center. Our driver side latch doesn't always seem to catch for some reason unless you press very HARD on that side.
Anyone know a way to adjust that? It seems pretty solid with no adjustment.
Thanks...
Our 96 C280 had same problem when we bought it. Did your car have front end body repair? Ours had and the cross member (top of radiator, between headlights) was not in the correct position.
The C280 has only one latch in the middle so it may be different on yours.
James O'Riley wrote:

According to CarFax it was a virgin, it had previously been owned by the California DMV.
However, I solved the problem with a little squirt of a lube I use on my bicycle chain: "Tri-Flow". It says it contains Teflon. I use it on everything, including old pad locks because it doesn't collect dust.
I highly recommend it, it's made by the Sherman-Williams Company. I had a 6 oz can for $6, U.S., and it lasted for 6 months; you only need a tiny amount to produce amazing results.
This is NOT and advertisement! just a guy who likes the stuff.
James