2002 E320 Dashboard...

Hello...Ive posted here int he past and found it very helpful. I have 2002 320 and my temp and clock guages are not displaying their number anymore...the shifter indicator is also not displaying...Has anyone els
had these problems? I have 80k on the car and take very good care of i and have had good luck...Is this a good engine in this car? Does anyon it will start to cost me a lot of money to keep running in th future?--Thanks- Charlie-N
-
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.auto.mercedes More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.htm
Chuckyg wrote:

The same in my '00 E320T 4Matic. I heard it is quite common issue with that model. And even if you fix it ($$$) it tends to break again ...
Common problem. $700 and a couple of hours, the dealer can get you back on the road fast.

you should be able to resolve the dead pixels less than $800...unless it's something much more complicated than simple pixel fix. as a DIY, it may be to reseat the ribbon cable leading to the display board. if you're not comfortable with this exam, there are independant repair places...one in Calif....who specializes in this fix.
http://tinyurl.com/4kvrpn
http://tinyurl.com/3m82fg
http://tinyurl.com/4ntgag