2002 ML320 power window/mirrow problem

All the switches on the front center consoles controlling the 4 power windows, sides power mirrows, lock are not working. I tried the window switches on the rear center console and it is not working too.
It seems there is no power going there. The front center console switch assembly is the Y2002 new and more expensive type that the switches are separated by the shift gear stick, not the less exensive black color type with the round switch in the middle. The part no. is 1638206910.
My mechanic suggests to change the center console switch assembly but will this fix the rear console switches too? Or there are some other problems, such as battery or bad contact?
Tks
In EC typed:

I needed to have the center console replaced (was under warranty) on my ml320 when the passenger side window switch would not close the window (only open). Suggest having a mercedes dealer check what electrical problems are appearing on the computer module before you have any repairs done.
DanlK, FYI Services Collectibles www.FYIS.org