2003 CLK 320 -- Daylight Running Lights (DRL)

I have a 2003 CLK 320 without DRL, and I'd like to have them. The dealer has told me that it is not equipped, and there is no way (either by programming or by plugging in a module) to get them.
Does anyone have a different, and better answer? It seems really odd that they basic electrical of the vehicle would be different between US and Canada, where the same vehicle would have DRL.
Thanks.
Andy
I was told, in asking about having my DRL disabled (car was purchased in Canada, brought to US) was that non-DRL required a changeout of the interior headlamp switch, about $300. You might check with MBUSA or another dealer.

i hooked mine up by finding a CIRCUIT that was only on when the key was on . make sure you fuse it.
just ran the wire to the clip to both + sides of the socket and when the car was on so were the lights. now mine was an old 300sd that had city bulbs so it was easy.
the case, minus a few cans!