2003 CLK500 Problems

Have a 2 month old 03 CLK500 with 700+ miles. At 550 the check engine light came on & dealer said it was the #1 cyllinder missing so they replaced the
coil & then the miss went to #4 & moved around. They changed crank sensor & sent me home. 100+ miles later the check engine light came on again, at the dealer still missing & computer showed codes at 1/2 throttle. The dealer changed coils & wires & still seems to be guessing. They are keeping the car over the weekend since they could not test drive it the way they want in the rain. They wanted to have someone take it home for the weekend to drive it the 100 miles to see if the problem came up again. I said no so theywill test drive Monday but the service writer told me I might be back again with the problem as I live 45 miles each way, I replied then it willbe the 3rd time if it happens again & it qualifies for filing under the Florida lemon law. Any ideas.
demand a replacement vehicle..... no one has to put up with that shit on an expensive new car.....
There is a problem with some of the new C class at the moment..... they are being delivered to the dealers with bad misfiring and some not starting at all.... not sure the exact reason why yet , only had started happening this last week....
Brett.....

light
&
the
car
the
with
Hi!!
Waste no more time and money with the mercedes benz, you will expect more problems and frustrations to follow.
ST Gan
ST Gan wrote:

Hello ST,
Do you not think that is a bit of an excessively harsh assessment? From your previous posts I have gathered that that assessment is based upon the ( beginning emoticon of incredulous inflection ) FAILURE OF YOUR PLASTIC SEAT COVERS ( ending emoticon of incredulous inflection ).
Is this accurate? I do not wish to belittle any serious difficulties you may have had and I apologize if I have done so.
.
Stephen Rabinowitz wrote: I replied then it willbe the 3rd

Dealerships need loaner cars. They should give you another car and use yours as a loaner after they play with it until they fix it.
.
Thr reality is that the car, like all MBs made within the last nine years, is riddled with absurdly expensive computer modules. The dealers all have the new consoles that are supposed to reveal faults in the computer modules. Unfortunately, the diagnostic codes cover several "possible faults". Dealers know that their best trained techs often cannot determine better than best guess. It's aggravating under warranty, but insulting after warranty. The car is not a lemon. The "check engine light" is a famous idiot light which drives many owners crazy. Absolutely keep all documents and a detailed filing and be very clear with the dealership about the number of times you have had to return the new, very expensive, car. Tell the service manager before you go forward, that you want to see the Mercedes service rep. who solves problems for dealerships in the state. P. Klein

light
&
the
car