2003 ML350 rear bumper cover?

I was rear ended in my 2003 ML350 here in the US. It appears only the plastic piece was damaged. What is the part I need to replace? I have a friend who does body work and if I can source the part, he'll install it. A picture of the damage is in the link below.

Justin

Ask your friend to tell you what you need to replace... it is not just the cover. There are plenty of body parts online store to show you what are the components...

Cover Foam impact strip Metal impact strip

My question is whether your frame is bent... you look at the seems between your door and body... make sure they are all equal gaps all around... especially the tailgate. If you have like no gap on one side... then your frame is bent.

Since you got hit by someone else, that person's insurance company will cover the cost of repair. Contact your insurance company and get advice.

Reply to
Tiger

Absolutely. Do not assume there is no structural damage. Get it checked out professional. It is not on your account.

DAS

Reply to
DAS

That's already been done; the dealer checked it out and there is no structural damage.

Reply to
Justin