2004 E-320 Easy Entry Problem

My new E-320 was delivered today and I am having a problem getting Easy Entry to work correctly. Specifically I can not get the seat to automatically retract to the rear position when the SmartKey is removed. All of the other features work as expected in that when I insert my key the seat, steering wheel and mirror adjustments return to my last settings as they do when my wife inserts her SmartKey. All of the memory functions seem to work as we have three memory settings for her key, three more for mine and three more when no key has been inserted. The easy parking feature also works correctly when I place the car in reverse.

The settings for wheel and seats and key dependancy are selected and I have reset to factory defaults and reprogammed several times. The result is always the same... the seat does not move rearward when the key is removed. Oh yes... It does not matter where the seat is set prior to removing the key, middle, far forward, far back, etc., the seat does nothing when the key is removed.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or is the E-320 the problem?

Mike

2004 E-320 Black/Black
Reply to
Mike Blake