2004 SLK , 32 vs 55

MBUSA just posted the 2004 SLK.

Why would anybody get the 32 when the 55 is due?

greek_philosophizer

I am sure DC would have a good answer to these questions. My point was that the difference between an SLK32 and an SLK55 might be significant enough to make a buyer consider delaying the purchase. The difference between an E55 and an E60 might not be significant enough to consider delaying the purchase. Since official specifications have not been released ( or have they? ) it is hard to make that judgement.

. .

zenith red wrote:

greek_philosophizer

Hello,

According to the Autocar, the supercharged motors are phased out due to increasingly stricter Euro emission control regulations in the forthcoming years. Mercedes-Benz and AMG are increasing the displacement of the V8 motors from 5,5-litre to 6,3-litre to compensate for removal of superchargers. I think they do not stop with increased displacement: they are reverting to 32-valve design for the next generation of V8 motors.

It is possible that the E60 AMG is heralding the next generation along with 2005 S-Class.

As the Americans say, "there's no substitute for cubic inch". Same for number of cylinders. More cylinders, the better (for the Americans).

Regards, Oliver

greek_philos> I am sure DC would have a good answer

Ennui Society

I thought that a new SLK (R171) was to debut for 2004.

I notice a "special edition" version is available in the USA. Has MB delayed the R171?? and why would anyone buy the last version when the new model is stunning?

Larry B.

Larry B.