2004 SLK , 32 vs 55

MBUSA just posted the 2004 SLK.
Why would anybody get the 32 when the 55 is due?
http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container.jsp?/models/class_overview.jsp&modelCode=slk_class_main

I am sure DC would have a good answer to these questions. My point was that the difference between an SLK32 and an SLK55 might be significant enough to make a buyer consider delaying the purchase. The difference between an E55 and an E60 might not be significant enough to consider delaying the purchase. Since official specifications have not been released ( or have they? ) it is hard to make that judgement.
.
.
zenith red wrote:

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container.jsp?/models/class_overview.jsp&modelCode=slk_class_main
Hello,
According to the Autocar, the supercharged motors are phased out due to increasingly stricter Euro emission control regulations in the forthcoming years. Mercedes-Benz and AMG are increasing the displacement of the V8 motors from 5,5-litre to 6,3-litre to compensate for removal of superchargers. I think they do not stop with increased displacement: they are reverting to 32-valve design for the next generation of V8 motors.
It is possible that the E60 AMG is heralding the next generation along with 2005 S-Class.
As the Americans say, "there's no substitute for cubic inch". Same for number of cylinders. More cylinders, the better (for the Americans).
Regards, Oliver
greek_philosophizer wrote:

I thought that a new SLK (R171) was to debut for 2004. (www.mbspys.com) I notice a "special edition" version is available in the USA. Has MB delayed the R171?? and why would anyone buy the last version when the new model is stunning?
Larry B.