2006 or 2007 Diesel E 325? Or VW Passat Diesel?

Is it worth to wait for the 2007 model, around $56 K MSRP vs. a 2006 $50 K discounted model? Neither is yet OK in CA. and in 3 or 4 other states and a few more HP and
Blue Tooth tel. are not worth $5K, I guess.
Does anybody have a recent diesel and can provide feedback, also re MPG?
Or is the VW Passat Diesel a better choice for much less money?

you're going to get?
jdoe wrote:

Well, with mcbrue roaming the group you never know, do you?
Ximinez
Assuming the E 325 is some sort of E-Class (E 320 typo?) then I don't think the E vs Passat is a very relevant comparison.
Yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choice.
DAS
"The Spanish Inquisition" < snipped-for-privacy@myown.mailcan.com> wrote in message
news:44ef2659$0$4530$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl...
If you are going to lease, it doesn't matter... If you are going to buy, then you can always make a deal... If the dealer not willing to discount, just walk to another one.
Carsdirect.com is very straightforward. You always get discount.
The choice here is really between an '06 leftover model vs. a new and updated '07 model. That the '06 has a straight six diesel and the '07 a V-6 diesel is secondary to the economics of "new model" vs. "leftover model".
I'd buy the '07 V-6 in an instant but I can't as I live in California where it's not yet sold. Urea exhaust treatment eliminates NOx and may eventually qualify it.
Why do you suppose M-B designed a new diesel, not just for fun, it's a better power unit and will also be offered in the '07 Jeep Grand Cheroke as well. In Europe the V-6 diesel is offered in the E and S class models.
Beyond the diesel engine, the '07 E class model has some improvements over the '06 that one should also consider.
Thanks for the update re MB 2007. I now just wished they (MB) would offer the diesel in 4 cyl. like most Europeans drive, at speeds we can only dream of.
Especially when we have such a miserable oil crisis. Yet MB pushes onto the US market only their 6 cyl. diesels!

...and also in the C-Class = C 320 CDI (sedan and wagon) CLK = CLK 320 CDI (coupe and cabrio) CLS = CLS 320 CDI M-Class = ML 320 CDI 4MATIC GL-Class = GL 320 CDI R-Class = R 320 CDI 4MATIC G-Class = G 320 CDI (SUV and cabrio)
Juergen
Wunderbar, Juergen.
NOW --- why not offer these great 4 cyl. cars here in the US?