2006 slr mclaren

I recently bought a new slr mclaren and even though its should be able to do 208mph im having trouble breaking 200. I was wondering if any one has had this problem and how they fixed it

-- sofree
View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-414903.htm
Send from http://www.carstalk.ne
sofree wrote:

208mph im having trouble breaking 200. I was wondering if any one has had this problem and how they fixed it.

Perhaps, it is the fault of your speedometer, after all, 8 mph at 200 is about 4% error.
I suggest you try a run on the George Washington Memorial Parkway. I hear they are able to monitor vehicle speeds very accurately and will document it in a legal manner.
;-)
WS
ws wrote:

Just think! The Mercedes C-111 was doing 200mph over 30 years ago. Personally, it looked better, too.
I wonder how many land speed records the C-111 still holds?

And it could run on canola oil too!
Was that a modified om617 in it?
cp

Sort of. It was the testsled for the 5 cylinder turbomotor.

So what can I do to get more power out of this engine?
cp

Take it to Pittsburgh. Have anybody thet hotrods Peterbuilt engines do a number on it for you. They're probably about double your horsepower and charge you accordingly.

Nah, that's no fun! I want to do it myself! So what was different about the 325km/h om617, besides the two turbos? You got any info on that at your site?
cp

First off adjsut your turbo so it's to spec.
    http://articles.mbz.org/engine/diesel /
Then read this:
    http://www.dieselinjection.net/BRUCE/index.html
Perfect, thank you!
cp

I wanted one then and I STILL friggin want one.
Series I or II, in Orange. Screw those ugly series III cars.
Instead we get the SLK? Ewwww.

Agreed. The C-111's looks, like those of the contemporary BMW M1, can be summarized as an example of "quiet good taste" -- a rare quality in car design nowadays.
My local dealership had an SLR McLaren in the showroom for a few weeks. Like the Maybach, I found it more imposing than beautiful. I understand that Don Johnson flew to Germany to test drive one awhile back. It's just the sort of car that would appeal to a celebrity with a "notice me!" complex.
Geoff
--
"The others scattered before our gathered hordes like
freeze-dried fetuses sucked out of a hotel window

That's weird, I have the same problem with my SLR in Gran Turismo 4 on my PlayStation.
cp
I crashed my Enzo doing 168 MPH....oh, sorry, I meant to say Dietrich crashed my Enzo.........

Did you fold your side mirrors? That's drag...