2006 slr mclaren

I recently bought a new slr mclaren and even though its should be able to do 208mph im having trouble breaking 200. I was wondering if any one has had this problem and how they fixed it

-- sofree

View this thread:

Send from

sofree

208mph im having trouble breaking 200. I was wondering if any one has had this problem and how they fixed it.

Perhaps, it is the fault of your speedometer, after all, 8 mph at 200 is about 4% error.

I suggest you try a run on the George Washington Memorial Parkway. I hear they are able to monitor vehicle speeds very accurately and will document it in a legal manner.

;-)

WS

Reply to
ws

That's weird, I have the same problem with my SLR in Gran Turismo 4 on my PlayStation.

cp

Reply to
cp

Just think! The Mercedes C-111 was doing 200mph over 30 years ago. Personally, it looked better, too.

I wonder how many land speed records the C-111 still holds?

Reply to
Kenneth P. Stox

it looked better, too.

And it could run on canola oil too!

Was that a modified om617 in it?

cp

Reply to
cp

I wanted one then and I STILL friggin want one.

Series I or II, in Orange. Screw those ugly series III cars.

Instead we get the SLK? Ewwww.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Personally, it looked better, too.

Sort of. It was the testsled for the 5 cylinder turbomotor.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Agreed. The C-111's looks, like those of the contemporary BMW M1, can be summarized as an example of "quiet good taste" -- a rare quality in car design nowadays.

My local dealership had an SLR McLaren in the showroom for a few weeks. Like the Maybach, I found it more imposing than beautiful. I understand that Don Johnson flew to Germany to test drive one awhile back. It's just the sort of car that would appeal to a celebrity with a "notice me!" complex.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

I crashed my Enzo doing 168 MPH....oh, sorry, I meant to say Dietrich crashed my Enzo.........

Reply to
jav

So what can I do to get more power out of this engine?

cp

Reply to
cp

Take it to Pittsburgh. Have anybody thet hotrods Peterbuilt engines do a number on it for you. They're probably about double your horsepower and charge you accordingly.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Nah, that's no fun! I want to do it myself! So what was different about the

325km/h om617, besides the two turbos? You got any info on that at your site?

cp

Reply to
cp

Did you fold your side mirrors? That's drag...

Reply to
Tiger

325km/h om617, besides the two

First off adjsut your turbo so it's to spec.

Then read this:

Richard Sexton

Perfect, thank you!

cp