Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'97 E320 (built 10/96) Tail / Brake Light Fixtures
Understand the plastic tail and brake light fixtures, not lenses, are prone to melting. Any information on this and if M-B replaces them or the owner pays for new ones?
1
1

W123 300D window sill rubber
Does anybody know how to remove and replace the rubber strip along the base of the door windows on a 1983 Mercedes 300D? Mine are dry rotted and cracked. If anybody knows of a good place to buy...
1
1

E320 Brake Job Info?
I would appreciate it if someone from the group direct me to a site which has the instructions on doing a pad and rotor replacement (front and back) on a 1997 E320? TIA, Ernie Willson
3
3

300e: Leak at Fuel Pump
92 300TE, 140k, This car has been sitting for over a year. As I cranked the car yesterday, fuel is leaking at the rear fuel pump at the 'fuel line to engine' brass connector. Tightening the brass...
3
3

1996 E320...
Hello all, The high mount stop light has stopped working, I changed the bulb, but it still doesn't work, does this light have it's own fuse or is it part of the main stop light circuit? Anyone have...
3
3

Smoke at Startup
New convert to the diesel Mercedes fold. I'm the proud new owner of a 1982 300CD-T, and I understand that some smoke is just part of owning these cars. I get some white smoke on startup, but none that...
11
11

engine viberation
My 1991 300E 200,000 miles is viberating in drive at idle with brake set. Smooths out above 1000 rpm. This problem has been worsening for the past few months.
7
7

Weirdo starting problem
I've a 2001 C240. From the past week, I've experienced something weird. The engine starts up on cranking and immediately shuts off. After 3 such attempts or so, everything goes eerily blank and I can...
4
4

1994 mercedes e420 for sale
Beautiful car. Black with tan leather. Florida car all its life. Ive owned it for 3 months. Was driving it a few weeks ago and when I got to the driveway it stalled. Tried to restart and sounds like...
3
3

240D windows
I'm having a problem with my electric window(s). The drivers side window went down (electrically) but won't go back up. All the other windows went up and down, at first, then the left rear stopped...
8
8

Questions about the '80s models
Earlier I asked about a specific 300TD, but while I want to get a wagon and will probably when the time is right, my wife really doesn't want one and we'll likely get her a car to do the veggie...
5
5

flooding after warm
Is there something that can get worse over time with the use of injection cleaner. My machanic said the problem was probably the injectors, he said use sea foam every tank till it stops, I have used...
3
3

1996 S500 (w140) timing chain
Hi all, When driving abroad (I'm from UK) last Thursday, my car (S500 LWB from 1996, W140) broke down seconds after taking off from a parking lot. The engine just seemed to lock up. Didn't crank when...
12
12

Low vacuum reading
I have been having some shifting troubles, and I tested the vacuum at the main vacuum line "T" in front of the brake booster. I was told that I should have 21-23 inches HG, but I only have 16. Does...
4
4

Code reader for 1994 c class?
Hi guys, How about a code reader for pre OBDII Mercedes, or a PC interface, any info will do. Tnx Tage Copenhagen
1
1