Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

280TE Euro. What price?
I need your opinions, please. I recently bought a 300D Turbo, and want to sell my 1979 280TE, which is a Euro Wagon, fuel injected gas model, with about 350,000 km on it. It's a very nice looking car,...
3
3

FS: 1991 500SL, $13k obo
Own a Supercar at an affordable price. Must sacrifice this very classy head-turner and powerful 322hp driver. Silver-gray with black power (automatic) soft top and body-color hard top, bluish-gray...

Cruise control maintainace
I have an 82 300SD with 97k miles. I had the cruise control go out on a previous SD (died at 400k) and it costs a bunch to repair. I was wondering if there is any preventive maintainance for this?
3
3

SLR vs. Viper?
Is there any common heritage between the SLR MacLaren and the Dodge Viper? The SLR seems to look like the Viper in some angles, especially towards the back. Yousuf Khan
4
4

Blower motor woes.... Help! Please! 93 400E Mercedes
I just bought this Mercedes and everything is great about it except...The blower motor does not turn on. I pulled it out and bench tested it, works great. The strip fuse is intact, All fuses (4, 6 and...
11
11

Honda adopting diesel, predicts significant growth
Plans Low-Emission Diesel to Compete in Fuel Efficiency By Kae Inoue and Alan Ohnsman Sept. 25 (Bloomberg) -- Honda Motor Co., Japan's third- largest carmaker, will introduce a diesel car that meets...
4
4

300SL 24v Reversing Problem
Can anyone assist with this intermittent problem please? Randomly, when I park the car up the reverse gear fails to work. This occurs when the car ignition is still running, or switched off. However,...
1
1

BioDiesel Jealousy
Check out this pump just installed in SLC, Utah Pretty cool huh? The future! Darrell
1
1

How to remove Mercedes Audio 20 CD
Hi all!!! i've bought a Mercedes C Sport Coup=E9, and i'd like to connect my iPod to it, for that, i'll buy the Mercedes iPod interface kit, but i want to install it my self, the problem is, that i...
1
1

Tranny Fluid for 1990 560 SEC
I would really appreciate answers to 3 questions 1) How do you check the Automatic Trans Fluid level? 2) How do you add fluid? 3) Is there a specific ATF fluid for this tranny ? All responses are...
9
9

Wanted: W126 Coupe AMG parts
Specifically for the interior (Burl Walnut) but anything interesting considered that will fit a 1990 560 SEC. (RHD) so any Japanese sources might be useful. Particularly interested in unusual wood...
1
1

oil cooler lines
Does anyone know how to remove the oil cooler lines?
3
3

1987 300D Turbo
One is available for sale here w/all service records since new. It is red w/150K miles. Any thoughts on this model? (and it appears to be the only year this body style hade a 6 cyl diesel engine)
5
5

Retro audio & navigation for classic MB's
Becker, yes the company that made the butt ugly cassette player that I removed from my '87 w124 as soon as I got it has now made a modern navigation radio designed to fit classic cars: 'll just stick...

1983 300D turbo Mercedes problems since paint/bodywork
I have signal/panel lights, clock, radio and tape player again! Thanx for the advice. Finally had a pinched wire in the trunk found for 3 hrs. labour by a nechanic. Think I should ask for any...
1
1