230.6

Hello all, i am seeking opinions on the mercedes 203.6 motor. i am considering buying one, as a run around while i repair my 280ce. It is a 1974 carburettor model. i was told that these motors are very greedy
on fuel, in contrast with the small capacity. Thanks, Nigel
What is a 203.6 motor?? In what body??

sorry a typo, i meant 230. 6 ( cylinder) body i think was w 114, sometimes called a compact, early 1970's

If the fuel econony (15mpg) doesn't put you off, they are probably the best built mercedes and very good drivers when in top-form.
What condition is it in and what year/chassis is your 280?
Once had one in my 1972 /8.
Mileage was bad (even back in the first half of the 1980s) and it had the dreadful Zenith 35/40 INAT carburettor, often out of sync.
Besides all that I liked the engine very much nice sound, running smooth), but nowadays I would clearly prefer an injection engine, 280E.
Juergen P.S: Dori, I am back, no more vacation for the next three weeks! ;-) ------------------------------------------------------------------
n b dow wrote:

So, where did you go? Better weather?
I was 'away', too, today and yesterday, but 'only' in Dublin. I keep thinking of driving there (north Wales, fast ferry to dublin or Dunlaoghaire) but the aeroplace seems more attractive proposition every time...
{BTW rented a Saab 9-3. Plasticky and unimpressively 'tinny'. My colleague (who actually organised the rental) had asked for an upgrade on arrival at the airport. IMO we would have been better off if we had stuck to the allocated Ford Mondeo.
The Volvo S60 we had (in Germany) the other week was a much more solid vehicle.}
DAS
"Juergen ." < snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com...
...Dublin or Dun Laoghaire... (Am too tired to spell correctly.)
Any guesses on how to pronounce Dun Laoghaire?
DAS
"Dori A Schmetterling" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...