230 Auto won't change up . . . .

I have a 1997 230e (W210) auto estate.

I can engage forward/reverse gears but it suddenly won't change up in drive.

Any ideas - it's behaved perfectly up until now - I suspect it may be something expensive and beyond economical repair.

Reply to
Buzby

I had that problem long time ago. It is the transmission valve body problem. A simple fluid and filter change might fix the problem but unlikely.

Valve body job is not as expensive as whole transmission... I am guessing around $700 for valve body and 300 labor... dealer will simply swap it out..

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks but Ouch!

Booked in Saturday morning for diagnostics.

We'll see what happens then!

Reply to
Buzby