230 Auto won't change up . . . .

I have a 1997 230e (W210) auto estate.
I can engage forward/reverse gears but it suddenly won't change up in drive.
Any ideas - it's behaved perfectly up until now - I suspect it may be
something expensive and beyond economical repair.
--
Buzby
"There's nothing more dangerous than a resourceful idiot"
Tiger wrote:

Thanks but Ouch!
Booked in Saturday morning for diagnostics.
We'll see what happens then!