230 ce 1985

how do i adjust the mixture on my 230 ce pil;larless coup. its petrol injection and how do i decres the emision on the car.

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
bricklayer

This is what I drive. Where are you located?

There is an adjustment screw on top of the fuel distributor. From the factory there is a plug that covers it. According to the manual you need an exhaust gas analyzer. You adjust the screw until the numbers are right. Before I installed a Lambda Controller, I adjusted mine like you would a carburetor.

There are other things that need to be right for the adjustments to work. The warm-up compensator, auxiliary air valve and pressure regulator can go bad.

You mentioned that you want to reduce the emissions. Do you need to pass emission testing to drive the car? What problems that you are having?

Reply to
Commuter

"Commuter" schreef in bericht news:sdqdnbX__4Tl4TLUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.palinacquisition...

This is bad on my 1982 car and I found some drawings on internet but although it looks about the same the schematic is different. eg On the controller ( part 21 ) I dont have pins 1 and 2 ??. Anyone know where I can find a good picture and schematic of my car?

Edmund

Reply to
Edmund

What is bad? What Controller?

Reply to
Commuter

"Commuter" schreef in bericht news:cqGdncNcMKy_0yzUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.palinacquisition...

The problem is I have no increased idle when cold, and I don't know what the exact cause is since I don't have a good workplace manual either. I did find a schematic on the internet but some pins on that schematic are not wired in my car.

My car is a 230E from 1982. help is appreciated!

Edmund

Reply to
Edmund

It sounds like the Auxiliary Air Valve. Read my other post about this. Research Bosch K-Jetronic on the web.

Commuter