230E 1984 Fan Switch

My car (1986 190e) has a 110degree sensor. This is an item I would buy new, rather then at the boneyard. you can test the fan's function just by grounding the sensor (you know this, but others may not).

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Hi I have a 230E that I am trying to solve overheat fault for a friend, I found that the magnetic radiator fan did not seem to cut in when idling and gauge shows 100'C. Took out switch in head, found it was a pirate switch made in Italy and showed temp of 85'C. Tested switch in boiling water with multimeter - no continuity at all. Bought second hand switch from scrap yard, original merc but is stamped at

100'C. Tested and found working in boiling water but only after quite a while. Installed in motor and tested. Car reached 80'C while driving and then 100'C at idling quite a while but fan still did not cut in. Ambient is pretty cold now so maybe it needs a higher ambient before it cuts in. Any advise please. James
Reply to
jamsan

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan