230E distributor question

Hi,
I have just rebuilt the cylinder head on the following:
Mercedes 230E, 1984 (W123) 102 Engine, K-tronic fuel injection
It's the first time I've done anything like this, and I was amazed to
find I've no parts or bolts left over now I've put it back together, HOWEVER...
On the distributor, there is a small flying saucer shaped device attached to the side of it, and out of this comes a thin wire/hose. This is white with a red stripe.
My question is, where on earth does the other end of this plug into? I don't remember unplugging it at all, but it has a clean end that looks as if it used to be plugged in somewhere.
The side at the distributor (the electrical, not the fuel distributor) is still attached, but I can't seem to find anywhere suitable to bung the other end. It would appear to reach easily to the inlet manifold or to the wiring at the left hand side (battery side) of the car.
I have a vague feeling this might be something to do with a vacuum retard for the ignition, but other than that I'm clueless.
Any help on this very gratefully received.
Thanks, Keith
This appears, as you say, to be part of the distributor's vacuum advance. The plastic line with the red stripe needs to be plugged into a vacuum source. That's either on the engine's intake manifold or some rubber T connection on a vacuum line not too far from the intake manifold.
On 20 Nov 2003 14:30:55 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Keith) wrote:

--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk