Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

smart car, anyone have one?
I've a 'smart' today. Gee, what a fun car. CDI technology already, lots of room for two... I've got to try to convince my wife. At the intersection I let'er 'rip' :-) after getting a 'smile' from the...
18
18

280c mercedes ac problem 1998
Sometimes the ac works...sometimes not. It usually stops blowing cold air whein it is hot outside. When I need it the most !!
3
3

C180 wiper problem
Every so often my wiper comes on even though it is set to off, sometimes for several sweeps. I can sometimes stop it by turning the wiper to on then off again. Any ideas? Thanks Col
2
2

Significant Precision Driving Skills .........very cool video clip
Pretty cool what you can do with a car, if you have the skills to do it. A pretty fascinating video-clip if you are into Precision Driving Skills:
2
2

Perma-Fog on rear windshield
I've recently purchased a 1978 MB 300D, and lately I've noticed a permanent state of fogginess at the bottom of the rear windshield. The rear windshield leaks. I have ordered windshield gaskets and...
2
2

Replacing Oil Pressure Sensor/ VDO or FAE
The oil pressure gauge on my 81 380sl w/150k miles is staying pegged at 3 bars until the oil warms up, and acts erratically after that. Since the oil level is fine, and none of the other gauges are...
6
6

BBC Top Gear - behind the scenes
Insight into the making of BBC's Top Gear programme, apparently "cult viewing" in NA. For direct contact replace nospam with schmetterling

SVO...poor acceleration and stalling problems
I have a question about my 1982 300SD 240K that's been converted to run SVO. Please respond especially if you're knowledgable in the veggie oil systems world. The symptom: The car has extremely poor...
8
8

Water intake in E320
Hi, Can someone advise, the possibility of a e320 sucking in watrer if we crossed a puddle of water about 2 feet deep... where is the intake of the air cleaner... is it easy to flush out the water if...
3
3

Getting a 1971 220 beauty back on the road in SF Bay Area
We're going to try to get my father-in-law's 1971 220 (gas) back on the road after it has sat in his (dry & clean) SF garage for 7 or 8 years without much in the way of storage prep. He switched to a...
9
9

SLR finally gets some power .....
new Mercedes-Benz SLR "722 Edition" is powered by a supercharged 5.5-litre V8 engine, hand-built in the AMG engine shop in Affalterbach, generating 478 kW/650 hp. The car went on sale on July 11th....
2
2

450 SLC parts car (maybe)
I've got a chance to buy a '73 450 SLC. It'll be a parts car, and I plan on keeping the engine, trans, bumpers, and lenses. I'll be looking at the car next week, and will need to make a fast decision....

crankcase ventilation
I'm getting oil in the air filter resevoir on my 1985 380se (V8). Anyone know what may be causing this ? It's almost as if ther's no crank ventilation and the oil is being drawn up by the suction from...
2
2

W210 Auxiliary fan belt failure
I had the belt on my Auxialiary fan fall off and chew up the condenser and stall the Motor on teh fan which also cooked This seems like an expoensive failure because of a fan bely Anybody ever heard...
6
6

Widening Tires
I will soon replace my tires and I'm investigating. I would like to increase the width to improve the handling of my heavy 124, while keeping the wheel´s diameter the same (for transmission and...
11
11